Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy weekend + a new beginning.


Hello my lovelies! How has your week been?! Mine was full of ups and downs and highs and lows. My man has left on a trip of self-discovery to Thailand and will not return for 3 months. :( This, if you are wondering, is the reason for my personal day on Wednesday and for my general sadness and complete avoidance of all things that tend to make one cry. No sad songs or chick flicks for me in quite a while, thank you. On top of that large change, I am also learning how to live alone again, in a foreign city, in a new apartment. Whoa, one might say I am kicking ass at this whole New Years thing. Drastically turning my life around, check!

It really is all very exciting too. Tonight, I am planning on breaking in my kitchen and making dinner with some friends...lots of wine drinking and card playing will be involved. Saturday, I am going to this venue to see my friend's band play with a bunch of my girlfriends. I also plan on roaming my neighborhood a bit in search for the perfect coffee shop. I believe this is a must when introducing yourself to a new place. Find all the places you know you will frequent often, coffee shop being my number one priority. So yes, I am making a life for myself here and it feels good.

While you have some down time, here are some things to leisurely browse....

How fun are these Crayon rings?!

I'll have some roses with my eggs, thank you. how adorable is this breakfast tray...

I am seeing this movie on Sunday with my sister. Have you seen it yet?

Yes, today would have been The King's 75th birthday...let's remember.

This year I want to...write more letters, read more books and learn to sew.

Bloganistas...what a blogger wears to work.

Give your camera a...makeover.




And speaking of pets. I want...these postcards

Owl measuring tape. I want to squeeze it!


(photo via deviant art)

No comments:

Post a Comment