Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nashville + Family.

Well, these are the last of my Christmas photos. It's really hard not to post a dozen more of these baby girls. They kill me they are so stinking cute. We were a little more productive in Nashville and made it out of the house a few times....specifically to Husk for lunch and drinks (my brother-n-law Mike is the bartender and makes the best cocktails in town :), to the Omni hotel for lunch at Kitchen Notes and a wander around, the Barista Parlor once again for coffee and the best biscuits in town, Robert's and Pinewood Social for some tasty latenight libations (sadly no pictures of this place but it's a must go, super cute new spot), Mangia for a 12 course family-style Italian feast, and a couple little shops I will tell you about in another post. Nashville is really changing and taken me by surprise my last few visits home-- so many new, great restaurants and shops! I totally recommend it to anyone traveling that way or in need of a fun town to explore. 

At home, we had a gingerbread house decorating contest (dry ice was involved!), opened presents and ate ourselves silly. Mostly though, we just tried to stop time and take it all in, because this was a memorable holiday for so many reasons. I know it's sappy but everything really does happen so fast when babies are this small. Little hands, little feet, and the best smelling skin, you want to bottle it all up and keep it just a bit longer. These girls bring so many smiles, it really did make my Christmas about a thousand times better having them around and my family isn't so bad either ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment