I feel like this batch of photos really sums up what I've been doing the past few months. I realize my postings have been sparse and I'd like to say that things have been too crazy to sit and write it all down, but that's not exactly true. So what's happening? I've been really enjoying my downtime. Life so far in 2014 has looked a lot like this...kitten, snow, friends, 60 degree weather, more snow, movies, cooking, beers, mountains, cocktails, friends, kitten....you get it. Work falls somewhere in there too of course, and stress, and the occasional break down. But the older I get, the more I realize that doing things for yourself feels so good, and saying 'no' because you just don't feel like it is totally allowed. So that's sort of been my mantra for this year thus far. I read this article the other day and thought the advice was spot on. I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes (although there are many) :
1. If you worry less about what people think of you, you can pick up an astonishing amount of information about them. You no longer leave conversations wondering what just happened. Other people’s minds and motives are finally revealed.
2. There are no grown-ups. Everyone is winging it, some just do it more confidently.
3. There are no soul mates. In fact, “soul mate” isn’t a pre-existing condition. It’s an earned title. They’re made over time.
4. Emotional scenes are tiring and pointless.
5. Forgive your exes, even the awful ones. They were just winging it, too.
6. Just say “no.” Never suggest lunch with people you don’t want to have lunch with. They will be much less disappointed than you think.
7. By your 40s, you don’t want to be with the cool people; you want to be with your people.
8. When you’re wondering whether she’s his daughter or his girlfriend, she’s his girlfriend.
Really though, you should make yourself a cup of coffee...sit down and read the whole thing. Trust me, it will make you feel pretty great ;)