Thursday, April 9, 2015

Deep thought thursday + a little tip...



This quote has been running through my head a lot lately. I'll be scrolling through Instagram and it'll happen. Sometimes it's so small that I barely recognize it. It's this pang-- a feeling a jealousy, envy, comparison. Why is her life so perfect?, How did this person get my dream job?, Why am I not doing more?, etc...Ultimately, I have been working really hard to distance myself from these thoughts, or at least be more aware when these types of feelings surface. There are times when self-evaluation is healthy and there are also times when it just plain bums you out. Lately, when the later happens I've really tried to take note of it, stop what I'm doing, and give myself a compliment. Sometimes I even write it down. I know it's kinda silly but it really helps me jump right back into a more positive mindset. Do you have any tips on bouncing back from feelings of negativity or self-comparison? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment