Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A recipe: Zucchini Bread

Monday night I made zucchini bread with my sister from the zucchini's she is growing in her garden. They are absolutely huge compared to the ones you buy from the store. I'm pretty jealous. I've talked about my garden envy before but this just escalated it to a new level. I didn't bring my camera so I don't have a picture of my own baking but I wanted to share the recipe because it is down right fantastic. (recipe and photo via Streaming Gourmet)


Zucchini Bread Makes 2 medium loaves

Ingredients

3 eggs 1.5 cups sugar (in 1987 it was 2 cups)

1 cup vegetable oil

2 cups grated zucchini

1 Tbsp vanilla extract

3 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 Tbsp cinnamon

dash of freshly ground nutmeg

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, zucchini, oil and vanilla. Mix lightly but well (with a spoon).

2. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.

3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture (in batches) until blended. Don’t over mix.

4. Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment