Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bits of my weekend(s)...

Just a few glimpses of the past two weekends. My friend Liz held a pie contest at her house last Saturday, which was a total blast. We collectively decided that it must be a yearly tradition since we all had so much fun doing it. We had score cards and ribbons and the whole shebang from this pie contest in a box she got for her birthday. I placed third with my Salted Caramel Banana Pudding Pie but got high marks on taste which kept me happy (although next year I am going to be sure to read the full recipe, including refrigeration time-- my slice of pie kind of looked deflated). After the contest we had a late night porch light hang and concluded the evening with an inevitable pie swap.

The last several photos are from various locations including the MCA's new concert series, Don't Look Down, City Park, Blue Hangar Vintage-- a pop-up market a couple friends of mine started, and a trip to the Platte River (which ended sadly with an off-leash dog ticket, those guys really sneak up on you!) I've really been maximizing my animal bonding these days as you can see. I must say--they make darn good photo subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment