Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wandering Wednesday: Ace.


I've been anticipating the grand opening of Ace for quite some time. It's on my street; I drive by it almost daily, so it makes sense that I pretty much had to check it out the moment they opened their doors to the public. 

Ace is beautifully constructed. Thought out and impressive. 
Here are the things I like: it's a large space that feels open and inviting, there is a ton of outdoor seating and the bar spreads from indoors, fully around to the outside, so you can have access from all angles, the cocktails are killer (and worth the price), the sodas are homemade (that one always gets me)
 and the real kicker: you can rent out ping pong tables by the hour. So brilliant. 

As much as I wanted this place become a regular hangout, I think I'm going to have to wait til the crowd thins down and possibly evolves a bit (which may be wishful thinking). It's a total mixed bag right now which can be hit or miss depending on the night. Foodwise-- it's good, spicy, but good, kinda pricy for what you get, but good. There were a lot of options and I only tried a few so I'm gonna keep working on that one. All in all though, you will find me here again....I imagine fairly frequently...trying to improve my table tennis skills (which as of now are pretty poor).

No comments:

Post a Comment