Monday, August 20, 2012

Evergreen.

This is why I love Colorado. This, right here, is about 30 miles away. I've been itching to go to the mountains all summer, and as much as I do like camping, a cabin was what I was really after. Last weekend, my friend Brian made it happen. His grandparent's adorable cabin 'Shack-ri-la' (undoubtedly a homage to my favorite 60's pop girl group) is full of kitschy wonders, old family photos and one particular cupboard that I wanted to raid very badly.We did get out for a hike Saturday afternoon. Mostly though, we played games, sipped on tea, talked, ate, made friends with a fox, napped, and played more games. I pretty much have spent the last week or so since we've been back fantasizing about my own little escape. Someday. Yes, someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment