Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wandering Wednesday: The Humble Pie.

The pie is by far the star of the show at this adorable little shop that opened up in Baker just last week, but they also sell fabulous french pressed coffee (by Huckleberry Roasters), cookies, muffins and buttery croissants. It's a perfect spot for a lunch date or a random 'pop in' to satisfy your sweet tooth. My trip there last weekend involved a little bit of both. For brunch I ordered the mushroom and spinach quiche with a side salad and a cup of coffee...but I couldn't leave without trying a pie, so I bought a mini chocolate chess pie for the road. The savory and the sweet were equally impressive but I have to say the chocolate won me over in an instant. So. so. good. They really did a lovely job renovating the previous space with the recycled wood wall, pendant lamps and exposed brick. There is a warm, dare I say Southern feel to the place. I am dying to try their buttermilk banana creme, beef short rib and chicken pot pie sometime very soon! I am so excited that a cute pie store has opened its doors in Denver and it's nice to have some business in Baker that doesn't run along Broadway. Welcome, Humble Pie!

1 comment: