This looks like a very tame version of what I did this weekend. The main event: Aly's birthday party! If you are wondering what the deal is with the random costumes, well, we had a little white elephant costume swap to add a twist to your typical birthday party. It was a huge hit! I'll tell you how it works...
Rules to the White Elephant costume swap...
* Bring an old costume (it's best if it's a full costume not just accessories) in a concealed bag to the party.
* Don't put the costume on, show up in your normal clothes, but give the bag to your host when you arrive.
* If you don't have a costume that's fine. still come.
* If you have extra costumes bring them.
* Count the number of people in the room and fold up that many pieces of paper with numbers written on them (25 ppl = 1-25)
* Everyone draw a number.
* One is the best number, two is the worst number ( <-- I was two)
* Whoever picks #1 will start the game. Person #1: picks a bag of their choosing and opens it. This is their costume...for now. Now it's person #2's turn.
Our game was pretty interesting because there really wasn't a lot of stealing. Everyone was pretty pleased with the costume they ended up with and I think overall curiosity often gets the best of you. You really want to see what is in those bags!
Aly, that crazy girl, planned a lot of the evening, which was fit with a photo booth, snacks and a fancy cocktail garnished with rock candy! I basically only provided the venue and the ice cream cake. side note: If you ever find yourself in a time crunch, but still want to do something more than cake from a box, an ice cream cake is the way to go! Trust me. Everyone was all about it-- the DQ mint oreo Blizzard one to be exact.
Happy Birthday Aly!