Monday, July 1, 2013

MAKE: Coconut Banana Tropical Pops.

Hey guys, I know it's been quiet around here. All I can really say is summer kicked it up a notch last week and it got hot finally. real hot. We bought a third a.c. unit for our apartment (mind you, the first two came with the place, but 3 seems like a lot!) and I'm still sweating as I write this. Honestly all I want to do when I get home from work is crack a beer, make dinner, watch about 30 min of tv, and go to bed. am i right?

now onto the good stuff...

Okay speaking of summer...let's talk popsicles-- the perfect icy, cold, beat-the heat snack. Popsicles are pretty great because the possibilities are endless. I recommend avoiding the computer, Pinterest, or any cookbook and trusting your gut. It is a lot more fun that way. 

The inspiration for this pop is a little bit Pina Colada, a little bit Horchata
The secret ingredient: cinnamon. 
It's creamy, tropical goodness, I'm telling you.

Ingredients:
1 can of light coconut milk
1/2 a pineapple, cored and cut into pieces
1 banana, chopped
1 tbsp. cinnamon 
agave or honey for sweetness (optional)

MAKE:
Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a bowl, add the banana and cinnamon
Mix with a hand mixer (or mix all ingredients in a blender) until smooth
Add the pineapple and blend again until fully incorporated.
Add additional sweetness if desired.
pour into your popsicle molds or popsicle making device.
Let freeze for appropriate amount of time.
Enjoy!


Note: I used my Zoku Quick Pop maker for these pops, but you can use any popsicle mold you may have at home. Since mine only makes 3 pops at a time, I saved the leftover mixture in the fridge for up to two days and made new ones whenever I craved another sweet treat! The recipe made around 10 total pops for me, but this may vary depending on the size and shape of your molds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment