Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Recipe: Poppyseed Bread

I can't believe I am only just now sharing a recipe with you! I love to cook and do it frequently. This recipe has been passed down from my mother. I made it a couple of weeks ago for my boyfriend and his family and it was gone in about 2 days! The cake itself is moist and wonderful and the glaze adds the perfect sweetness. Enjoy!

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of oil
2 tablespoons poppyseeds
1 tablespoon almond extract, vanilla extract and butter flavoring

Mix and blend all ingredients together for three minutes or until smooth. Pour in 3 greased floured pans (or in one large bunt pan...like shown above)

Glaze: 1/4 cup of O.J.
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of each flavorings (almond extract, vanilla extract and butter flavoring)

bring ingredients to a simmer for 5 min. When it begins to thicken (to maple syrup type consistency) turn off heat and pour over bread. Let cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Warning! Do not try this at home. Fatally seductive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the Poppy Seed Bread. I love poppy seeds! I have never been to your blog before tonight and I am really enjoying looking at your lovely pictures. But my real joy is cooking.

    ReplyDelete