Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Two letters...

May has been a plentiful month for me in regards to mail. I am not talking about bills, magazines or junk mail; I am talking about letters. I received two of them this month, both handwritten, both drastically changing my day. One was from a friend; the other from a relative, neither of which I have seen for at least 5 months. It doesn't seem like a lot but it got me thinking about traditions that have died with technology. Nothing is on paper anymore. Nothing is tangible. The romance of it all is dead. I bet grade school kids don't even write notes to each other in class, with your names written in bubble letters on the front. I remember keeping them all in a shoe box in my closet and looking back on them years later. They meant a lot more than an email or any facebook message I've ever gotten. So, how bout it guys, let's bring letter writing back! Anyone need a pen pal? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment