Monday, July 26, 2010

Nathaniel Rateliff.

I am so overwhelmed at all the musical talent I saw this past weekend. It made me so proud to be a part of the Denver community and excited to see what a strong musical force we have become. There were so may amazing performances but one that really stuck out to me was Nathaniel Ratecliff. My friends and I were hurried to make it to his show in the first place and I am pretty sure I missed a song or two but once I got there everything stood still. His songs are spine chilling. Incredibly beautiful. They tug on your heart strings and dig up emotions you tried to bury deep inside. They played on the outdoor stage in the Goodwill parking lot just as the sun was going down and it was magical. After the show I realized that I actually saw him open for Jolie Holland at the Soiled Dove way back in 2007 under his former name, The Wheel. The new album In Memory of Loss came out in April and this song blows me away...

3 comments:

  1. zoooooo boyy he sounds like nick drake....and i love nick drake. love this thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, nope, no he does not sound like nick drake. nvmd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. similar sad man tones tho. you weren't completely wrong. but you're welcome nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete