Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wandering Wednesday: Design*Sponge @ West Elm + d Bar.


Last Wednesday I had a lovely evening out with the girls. Even though I already have a signed copy of Grace Bonny's book, Design*Sponge at Home (thanks Aly!), I had to wander over to West Elm to catch a glimpse of Grace in person...in Denver! I wasn't surprised when I walked in and was struck with instant eye candy-- a beautiful photo display, cupcakes galore, and a huge line of probably the best dressed women in Denver (and some straggling boyfriends of course). Since I already own a signed copy, I skipped out on the massive line and just walked around the store, sipping on sparkling water, ooohing and ahhing over all the beautiful things.

Afterwards, we decided to keep the night going with a trip to d Bar. I've heard so many wonderful things about their tasty desserts and drinks, I was excited to give it a try. So, I ordered myself a hot chai spiked with creme brulee liquor and wow, it was so good. It even had a crispy caramel top like the real thing! I will definitely be coming back for dessert some time in the near future. It was such a fun night...it kind of made me want to treat myself out more often. Sometimes it's just necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment