Friday, May 18, 2012

Wandering Wednesday: Devil's Food


It would have been hard to mess this one up I admit. Last Wednesday exactly, I took the day off work and spent it with two of my most favorite people. I picked Devil's Food for lunch, not because I really go there often, because I don't, but when I do it feels like I'm treating myself, which is exactly the kind of day I had in mind. Even though the front room was almost totally empty, we opted to wait to sit on the patio because it was gorgeous out and we had the time. Once we sat down I ordered a Cambric (which is steamed milk and tea of your choice. I always like it with earl grey) this place serves up a really creamy, nice one.


The atmosphere here is always really relaxed and mellow, which I greatly appreciate. It's not the best restaurant for large parties but a perfect spot for lunch dates if you're looking for somewhere unique and tasty. The walls are lined with trinkets and old fashioned sodas and candy (try a mallow cup if you go, trust me). There is a bakery section and a full coffee and tea bar as well, which is always tempting...the cream puffs have a way of calling my name as I try to leave almost every time. All in all, I like this place. I prefer it on the weekdays when it's quite and not so bustling. The best part? They make what I might have to call the best traditional eggs benedict in Denver. (which is a pretty huge statement for me to make)

No comments:

Post a Comment