Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wandering Wednesday: NYE

I promised myself that this year I wouldn't get my hopes up. New Year's Eve is most always a failure in my book....overpriced drinks, horrid crowds, cover charges...the list goes on. And then I bought a dress. I tried it on as a sort of "just for fun" item in Nashville while shopping with a friend I hadn't seen in ages. We were having so much fun going from store to store, in one of my favorite areas, catching up while playing dress up. You see...I really like sparkles. And because I don't live somewhere glamorous like New York City, where sequins are accepted even in the light of day, I don't get much of a chance to wear them. Blasted! Now I had to do something fun! So we danced. First at our apartment and next, at Lost Lake. It was exactly how I wanted it to be....cheap, fun and surrounded by friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment