Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wandering Wednesday: Barista Parlor + Hey Rooster, East Nashville

This is definitely more of a family oriented trip to Nashville, BUT that being said, I wanted to share a couple of great places I've stumbled upon since my last visit here. East Nashville is still very new to me and I love exploring new places. My sister and brother-n-law live right in the heart of it, with some fantastic restaurants, shops and coffee spots only minutes away. The Barista Parlor is a coffee shop I've been hearing about for a while now, so I really wanted to check it out this visit. Kate and Mike are actually really good friends with the owner Andy, who I met last week while a few friends of theirs were visiting the baby at the hospital. Yesterday I had a couple morning hours to myself so I headed over and got a cup of drip coffee and a sausage biscuit with peach jam. It did not disappoint-- the coffee was quality and the biscuit was divine! The space itself is an old garage, open and beautiful. Antique motorcycles line the front of the shop, and large reclaimed wood tables fill the room and provide for ample space to work or just relax. A few miles down the road, a cute little shop with homemade goods and gifts called 'Hey Rooster' is worth a stop. From tea towels to ginger syrup this place is filled with unique goods from all over. They even teach classes from time to time on subjects like stop motion animation!  

DRINK:
519BGallatin Ave.
Nashville, TN 37206

SHOP:
1106 Gallatin Ave.
Nashville, TN 37206

No comments:

Post a Comment