Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wandering Wednesday: Leila's birth + the hospital


....and then they were a family of three...
Cousin Wesley getting some attention from Big Daddy!
look at that smile!
so sweet to think they will be cousins and friends all their lives!
Every time I go home to Tennessee my family keeps getting bigger! These first days at the hospital were full of visitors, lots of analyzing who we think Leila looks like (overall most votes go to mom, but dad won in the 'nose' category), sitting and staring, wiggling her teeny fingers and toes and watching her adorable facial expressions. Everything went really smoothly in terms of the birth and the health of the baby, so the hospital time was fairly brief, but I just love these first moments when everyone is seeing her for the first time. It was especially special seeing Leila and her almost 3 month old cousin Wesley meeting....of course they had no idea what was actually going on, but I think the thought of them growing up together and being so close in age has really got the whole family incredibly excited.
I know I said it before, but I have to say it again, my sister is a rockstar. I am so proud of her, and Mike, and their little family of three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment