Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A different kind of book...

Inspired by Ira Glass and his amazing talk this past weekend, I decided it was about time for me to dive into this book on tape thing with full force. He talked a lot about storytelling and how it was dying in this age of technology. I sadly agree but wanted to be proactive about it some how. So, my boyfriend went to the library and checked out The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. We have been listening to it every night before bed and it is just incredible. It really does let your imagination run wild and the book we got couldn't be more perfect for this kind of thing. It is a grown up version of a fairy tale so it basically makes you feel like you are 5 years old again (which is fantastic!). So if you are feeling uninspired or just want a different way of being entertained, I highly recommend an audiobook.

(via bookshelves)

2 comments: