Thursday, October 22, 2009

Casa de las Chimeneas

So I have to tell you about the amazing bed and breakfast we stayed at in Taos. We were only there for two nights but I could have stayed there for much, much longer. The inn titled Casa de las Chimeneas was actually more like a collection of three or so adobe buildings. Our room was called the Rio Grande and included a jacuzzi tub (heaven), a stocked fridge with anything from water to Blue Sky soda (free), an electric kettle (!) and a flip of the switch fireplace! They serve you breakfast of course but also provide a light dinner. The first night we got there we had tortilla soup and a chocolate chip, walnut cookie. Apparently they also pack you a picnic lunch if you are planning on going for a hike or something in the afternoon. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area!


(Photos by me!)

3 comments:

  1. Going to go there on my next anniversary. Looks so romantic, full of character. You have such a lovely, conversational style, Christine. Also, I saw you accidentally fell of my blog list on my page. Don't know how. Technology! So I put you back there where you belong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks pretty cute, and... no random drunk gals in the hot tub al la our Taos trip 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did pass by the Sun God lodge and sigh...those were some good times!

    ReplyDelete