Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Up in the Air: Title sequence

Did everyone see Up in the Air? I actually liked it but I didn't love it. It isn't one of those life changing films or anything, but I really enjoyed the story. My favorite part, actually, was the opening title sequence. I have found that a lot of films these days will immediately start the film while the title credits are still rolling. This, in my opinion, is a little lame. Title sequences not only give the cast and crew involved a chance to shine; they also allow a bit of creative freedom. It's an opportunity to do something a little different . This interview reveals a lot about the technical process they went through to eventually achieve this look. If you haven't seen the film here is a peak...







(via grain edit) p.s. here is the actual opening sequence, the quality doesn't really do it justice but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment