Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bits of my weekend...

Well, I have some news...my roommates got a puppy! Yes, that adorable little black lab you see with her tongue hanging out at the park. Her name is Lola-- she's about 5 months old, really calm, incredibly well-behaved and so stinkin' cute. We've just been oohing and ahhing over her all weekend! We took her to Cheesman Park on Saturday and she loved it....at one point she started playing with a baby Basset Hound and I literally almost melted. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

I snuck in a photo of the sunset over the Highlands (that top one) I took while heading into Linger for a friend's birthday celebration earlier in the week. It's been so gorgeous out recently, it's hard to believe it's only March (and that it's going to get even warmer). I tried to spend as much time outdoors as I could last weekend, even when I was home I was lounging on the balcony listening to Motown (my fave).

So, this new job of mine (I mentioned it a couple weeks ago) is for a website called nabewise and requires me to take photos of different neighborhoods around Denver. It's actually really great because I get to explore parts of the city that I know nothing about. I've discovered some really fantastic parks and stumbled upon some breathtaking views in the process. The last two photos are from my outing on Sunday afternoon and I just wanted to share a little bit of the magic I've been feeling when uncovering these places. Just look at that lawn! Crazy stuff, huh? And that view of the mountains....I really do live in an incredible place.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like the most fantastic weekend! I hope you are well Miss Christine. I would love to see you and Rebecca soon! Perhaps a park date/watermelon cake pop making extravaganza? Also, I need to meet that dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, Lola would love to meet you! It has been way too long since I've seen you! We are going to the park this weekend again, let's try to make it happen for sure :)

      Delete
  2. hey congrats on the sweet new job! i LOVE the menagerie of animal statues & i can't wait to see all your beautiful photos of these strange denver gems :)

    ReplyDelete