Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pizza night!





Rob and I were in charge of weeknight dinner last week and I thought it would be fun to make homemade pizza. Okay I cheated a little and got the pizza dough from Spinelli's Market (btw-- I fell in love with this place! It's straight out of Moonstruck!) but we made pesto from basil picked from the garden so I think that makes up for it. We didn't use a recipe, basically just winged it. There was one scary moment when dealing with the dough I thought it all might fall apart. My friend Aly turned to me and whispered, 'so what's your back-up plan'. Needless to say we jumped through that hurdle and it turned out de-lish!

+ Pizza 1: olive oil and balsamic, gorgonzola, pear, walnuts

+ Pizza 2: pesto, fresh mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes, garlic, white onion, artichokes, a sprinkle of crushed red pepper

+ Salad: roasted pepper bowls with spinach, tomatoes, red onions, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, oil and balsamic dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment