Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm not homeless + hello Ikea!


I just realized that after all my whining, I forgot to tell everyone that we found an apartment! It's on the top floor of an old vintage apartment complex and has tons of charm and a balcony to boot! (hardwood floors, big kitchen and lots of storage, oh yes) It's in the 'uptown' area of Denver which is close to a ton of restaurants, coffee shops and 2 blocks away from city park. Yay! I am so excited to finally be able to relax! This apartment hunt was seriously taking over my life. I am starting to move my stuff in today but this weekend will be the real kicker. Since we're living on the top floor, some of the bigger furniture is going to have to be roped up from outside through the balcony! This should be interesting...

On another not totally unrelated note, Ikea opened in Denver today! Just in time for their new 2012 catalogue! I'm super excited to go there and shop for my new space. It will be necessary to let the hype die down a bit of course but I am thrilled to have a place to buy affordable accessories and furniture. I am totally against an all Ikea look (think Punch-Drunk Love) but I think their modern flare can look really great mixed with thrift store finds and antique pieces. Here are just a few things I have my eye on...

+ BIRGIT LANTLING Duvet cover


+ KVART or TRAL work lamp

+ SURAR planters

(photos via poppytalk)

No comments:

Post a Comment