Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take a look: Saffron Marigold.


After reading Kimia's post about her gorgeous new Indian bedspread, I was inspired to say a few words about my own. About a month ago I decided that I wanted to revamp my bedding--new sheets, new pillows, new comforter...the whole kit and kaboodle. I searched the normal websites...Pottery Barn, West Elm, Anthropologie, etc and just wasn't finding anything that great. Then I got on Pinterest and stubbled upon these throw pillows and shams with the most wonderful patterns. That's how I found Saffron Marigold.

Saffron Marigold uses the traditional Indian wood block printing craft for all their textiles, so their bedding and linens are hand-printed one magnificent inch at a time. They mirror the philosophy behind the “slow clothes movement” wherein textiles are created with an eye to safeguarding traditional crafts and the human impact on production rather than mechanized mass production. I love this whole concept. I feel like my new duvet cover is a one of a kind work of art!

Bonus: when I received my bedding (very quickly I might add) the receipt came in an envelope made from homemade paper and had a had a handwritten 'thank you' note inside. Love.
(photos via me; Saffron Marigold)

1 comment:

  1. just took a look at their site and am in *love*. thanks for sharing darlin! and i want to see a pic of your new bedding.

    ReplyDelete