Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wandering Wednesday: Wooden Spoon Cafe & Bakery.


I am a total dessert fanatic. So naturally when a place has the word "bakery" attached to it, I am, without hesitation, totally on board. This little eatery kept showing up on my Yelp searches, haunting me--best dessert, best breakfast, best bakery. I had to go right? I walked in, looked and the pastry case and instantly knew...I would not be skipping dessert today. No sir. The gym will always be there, today I must indulge.

The Wooden Spoon is a *tiny* place with a ton of charm. They are doing all the right things: fresh coffee, a lovely salad/sandwich selection (I got the tarragon chicken salad on a croissant) and , of course, drool-worthy desserts. With only about 7 total tables (2-tops) this place keeps the decor simple and focuses on food. I have no doubt in my mind I will be traveling back to the Highlands very shortly to try their homemade twix bar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment