Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wandering Wednesday: City Park.

I am a big park girl. Whenever I move somewhere new, one of the first things I do is scope out the closest park. This is mainly due to the fact that I love taking walks. My mom is the one that got me into walking. We always like to take a morning stroll around the neighborhood whenever I go home to visit. It's become something I look forward to, our personal time together. Here in Denver, I generally take my walks alone but I've found, whether you have a buddy or not, they are wonderfully calming. It also gets me away from technology for a while and lets my mind breath a little, which is something everyone needs. In the summer I try to fit a walk in almost daily but that gets a little tougher once the snow starts falling. I did venture out a couple weeks ago though, to take a few laps around Ferril Lake. I only live a block away from City Park and I count myself very lucky. Even though the geese are aplenty, you can't beat the view from the steps of the Museum of Nature and Science. It's one of my most frequent wanderings.

(photos by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment